Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts

How to make "Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts"

My current favorite snack right now is sweet and spicy mixed nuts. Since I'm trying to eat less unhealthy snacks, I need to find other options. I loved eating potato chips so much and I didn't think I could restrain myself for a long time; however, I didn't eat it for more than 3 months now. I'm so happy with my homemade sweet and spicy mixed nuts. They are so crunchy and delicious. I couldn't keep my love for them to myself, so I gave them away to my friends as New Year's gifts. And everyone loved it!


I got the recipe from one of missglamorazzi's vlogmas. She only used pecans but I decided to experiment with other kinds of nuts and reduce the amount of some ingredients such as sugar. I wasn't disappoint that I did as they turned out amazing.

For this recipe you will need...
1 cup of nuts of your choice. (I've tried cashew nuts, pecans and almonds. And they all came out great.)

1     tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2  teaspoon of cinnamon 
1/4  teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2  teaspoon of salt

1         tablespoon of butter
1 1/2   tablespoon of maple syrup


Instructions

If your nuts are raw, roasted them first. I roasted my pecans and almonds at 350 F. It took about 5-7 minutes for pecans and 10-12 minutes for almonds to fragrant and darkened in color.

1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and mix with maple syrup
2. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt
3. Add nuts and stir until they are thoroughly coated
4. Spread them out on a parchment lined tray


5. Bake at 350 F for 10 mins. Stir once after 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool down

This homemade sweet and spicy mixed nut will make a great snack, salad topping or amazing gift for your family and friends. Enjoy~~




No comments